Anybody else notice that news coverage of candidates platforms, where they stand on issues, etc. usually only takes 3-5 minutes BUT “news” of their marital issues, taxes, etc. takes 10+ minutes A NIGHT?!
IMHO, the last several presidential elections have all been “the lesser of 2 evils”. Then the yahoos get into office and they can’t even respect THE PHYSICAL OFFICE SPACE of the most powerful “leader” of the free world.
Washington is W-A-Y to full of politicians. They spend more time placing blame than fixing things. DO YOUR DAMN JOBS!
They live in a fantasy world where ONLY what they want for themselves matters. The government “of the people, by the people and for the people” that Lincoln spoke of has been gone for years.
1) Fire every elected official. Cancel their “full salary retirement”, let ’em draw Social Security.
2) Fire all “political appointees”–they’re as bad as the elected officials.
3)Institute term limits in both houses………….3a) Toward the end of a person’s term, they get evaluated; if they didn’t perform their jobs satisfactorily, they don’t get to run again EVER for any elected office.
4) REQUIRE EVERY MEMBER OF CONGRESS and their staff to sign moral contracts based on the laws that EVERY AMERICAN has to follow.
5) Abolish PACs, lobbyists, the electoral college and all other self-interest groups.
6) BAN all “gifts”, “incentives”, “contributions”, etc. to individuals.
7) Use the popular vote in elections.
This is just a few of the things I would LOVE to see happen. This country is headed down the shitter. IT HAS TO STOP BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE.
The out-of-touch, greedy, self-serving, narcissistic dipsticks are ruining this country.
Ever hear the saying….”Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others”? That is fast becoming a fallacy, if you ask me.
I know that a lot of this is unrealistic but I am a fed-up, pissed-off American. I have to vent.